Advice for Pet-friendly Boating
It's always fun to take our furry friends on board when we head out for a day (or longer) on the water. But keeping the little ones safe is of the utmost importance. It takes some planning and forethought.
Be sure to make these common-sense provisions to ensure your pets stay safe on the boat:
• Have an identification tag on your pet
• Familiarize your pet with the boat and the water
• Provide a pet ramp for easy access on and off
• Make sure your pet wears a life jacket
• Give plenty of water and provide some shade
• Allow for "potty provisions" on board
• Carry copies of pet records on the boat
• Call ahead at marinas to ensure pet-friendliness
For more information, visit tripswithpets.com.
Photo by Diane Patrick